“to reduce poverty and increase food security for the people of Afghanistan through improved animal health, welfare, production & value chain measures which sustains.”
DCA believes in a future in which:
- Food security and food safety in Afghanistan are supported through collaboration between private and public livestock services;
- Livestock owners/keepers in Afghanistan have access to veterinary care and livestock extension services;
- Livestock owners/keepers can increase their income by applying improved production and processing practices;
- VFUs can generate their own income through services provided and are financially and institutional independent;
- A stable animal healthcare system as one of the core issues in the agricultural and rural policies is available throughout the country.