Since the start of the organisation in 1988, many international donors, focusing on rebuilding Afghanistan, financially supported the livestock program of DCA. Among them are the EU, IFAD (International Fund for Agricultural Development), USAID, FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization), World Bank, the Dutch Government, and GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit).
Presently (April 2019) DCA receives funding from:
• IFAD: International Fund for Agricultural Development
• USAID: US Agency for International Development
• US DOS: US Department of State
• UNODC: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
• The Brooke: The Brooke Hospital for Animals
• PUR Development Pte Ltd
In the past five years, DCA’s yearly turnover varied between 4.3 and 6.7 million US dollar.
Only 10 to 15% of the yearly expenditures are used for indirect costs. So, 85% to 90% of the turnover is directly used for implementation of our mission.
Audit Report 2017